Monday 28 December 2009

Here Come The Resolutions...

04:04 PM

Well, only one, actually.

Resolution.

Singular.

Along with Lucifer knows how many other Resolution Makers, I intend to write a novel in 2010.

I know the chances of getting it published are awful.

I know that, even if I get the thing published, it will probably sell less than 1,000 copies.

I know that the world needs another novel like Christ on the Cross needs a few more nails to keep him comfy.

But sod it. If not now, when?

5 comments:

  1. Go for it. I know you've talked for years about writing a novel. I'm here to enforce your resolution. Prepare for gentle (or not so gentle) prodding. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should. You seem to be a starter and a finisher. A rare combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John, I'm a friend of Lydia's and she ushered me in the direction of your site. How is the novel going? I've always wanted to write one and keep emblazoning facebook with lots of resolutions. So far, I've only got as far as a regular blog....

    I did come across a blogger who publishes one chapter every Friday. You just log on and read the next bit. Sounds like quite a sane way of writing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get that shit done. I'll read your book, what's the title?

    ReplyDelete