Thursday 20 August 2009

Early Start

05:21 AM

Up early this morning because I have to get some press releases written and emailed before the fine people from Powergen cut our electricity supply. Essential work, they tell me. I think they just like playing Tarzan on the telegraph poles.

Strange that we still call them telegraph poles. I've never sent anyone a telegraph - not once in my entire life. And I don't intend to start now.

We'll have to rename them Internet Poles.

12:10 PM

We have power again, and the postman brought me a very welcome cheque. Reasons to be cheerful, one and two.

12:31 PM


2 comments:

  1. Checks in the mail are always good. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are indeed, Mel. I just wish they came more often, and had bigger numbers written on 'em!

    ReplyDelete