Monday 17 August 2009

Lawns & Lurchers


02:28 PM

Just mowed the lawn. Well, one of the bloody lawns!

I know it's good for me. I know I should just settle into it, get into the rhythm, enjoy the process of making a small corner of the universe slightly more tidy. One finger raised in the face of entropy. But something deep inside me wants to jump up and down and scream its little head off:'You're wasting your time, Ravenscroft! Grass grows! Next week, you'll have to do it all over again - so just smash the Flymo and go to the pub instead!'

06:12 PM

How to hide behind a dog. Pic of me and Kate, taken during yesterday's walk around Snipe Dales.


5 comments:

  1. I always found something rather satisfying in mowing my lawn. Now that I don't have one to mow, though, I don't miss it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of place do you live in these days, Mel?

    ReplyDelete
  3. In a very nice apartment complex right across the street from a gorgeous duck pond and walking path. I love it. Vaulted ceilings, fireplace, and two bathrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two bathrooms? You must be very clean!
    Got any pics on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I do!

    Here's my living room decorated for Christmas last year:
    http://grosvenorsquare.blogspot.com/2008/12/joy.html

    And here's some more:
    http://grosvenorsquare.blogspot.com/2008/11/my-new-home.html

    ReplyDelete